Camp facilities at The Crossing are unique. The Crossing is a permaculture designed sustainable camp.
Student’s experience sustainable design, water conservation and renewable energy.
Students harvest from the organic gardens, tend the animal systems and live a true farm-to-table experience.
Journeys to and from the camp into surrounding National Park include habitat survey and Landcare as part of a ‘journey into sustainability’.
The Crossing is situated near Bermagui, Australia, on a riverfront bush setting of the Southern NSW Wilderness Coast. Biamanga National Park adjoins the camp and The Crossing has the support of the Park’s aboriginal owners for camping and research. The camp is a traditional crossing place on the Bermagui River. Young people make a crossing into adulthood here; learning ways to contribute to the environment & community.
Numbers: We can accommodate group sizes up to 30 with larger groups possible for regional gatherings with tent camping.
Food and catering: Provided, with whole foods and local organic produce featured where possible.
- solar power, wood and solar hot water heating
- organic kitchen garden and orchards plus chooks and sheep
- commercial kitchen
- community hall with attached outdoor classroom
- fire circle for evening gatherings
- train carriage bunkhouse with wide verandahs
- separate teacher/supervisor rooms
- canoes and mountain bikes available with instructors
Disabilities: The “journey” component of programs may prove inaccessible for a small selection of disabilities. Please contact us to discuss your needs further.