You can find The Crossing near Bermagui on the south east coast of NSW.
By river or by road
- many groups arrive with a bushwalk and depart by canoe to Bermagui
- some groups come in by road due to later arrival times
Distance from Bermagui is 6km, about 12 minutes by car or 3-5 hrs by canoe depending on the tide.
Directions to The Crossing
- Once you reach Bermagui turn into Bridge St (first street on the southern or main town side of the Bermagui Bridge) and head left up the hill past Bermagui Bait and Tackle.
- Turn right (west) at crossroads at top of hill into Murrah St which becomes Nutleys Ck Rd.
- You will pass a large concrete tank which is one of the town water supply tanks about 1km before the road becomes dirt.
- Continue west on Nutleys Ck Rd for 4km on dirt.
- Take the third right turn signposted “The Crossing”, which is after you pass Black Marlin and River Roads.
- Keep following “The Crossing” signs until you come out of the bush and through a paddock, we are at the end of the dirt track on the Bermagui River.